Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been hit with pin worms. DS brought it home from school and passed it on to dd. we're all taking 2 homeopathic remedies for it, but I need to know exactly how it's transmitted. Do I just need to boil our sheets towels and dd's dipes or do I need to sterilize toys as well??? Can dd be around other children once she has started the homeopathic treatment or does she have to stay away until she's finished the whole treatment? Anyone have any experience with this???
TIA,
Dahlia

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I've have experienced this several times over the last 25 years or so, and my neighbor's ds just had them recently. I've always found that the Homeopathic remedy Cina works just great by it's self.

There is a perscription drug that peditricians like to perscribe, but it is harsh and I don't think it works as well as the Homeopathy.

I don't remember exactly, but I believe that the eggs are ingested or breathed in can be on fruit, vegtables, dirt, in the air etc. They are microscopic. I have never gone crazy sterilizing the house and we have gotten rid of them excellently with Homeopathy alone.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
It's this totally gross cycle. The worms come out of the anus at night and are itchy, the kid scratches in her sleep and then at some point deposits eggs near or in her mouth, where they travel down and make new worms. I seem to recall that putting a thick salve (or vaseline) around the bung is supposed to help....It's a 2-week cycle. You get rid of the worms and wait to see if they come back. I don't know what vermifuges are safe for kids off the top of my head, but wormwood is a good one....The biggest thing is not to miss that second cycle when the eggs hatch. In fact, I think you can break the cycle without using any kind of meds at all if you can come up with some way to keep the kids from scratching in their sleep....yeah right.

I would wash sheets with a vinegar rinse, and just be really particular about hand washing first thing in the morning. Maybe bottom washing in the morning, too.

Good luck! I have memories of having pinworms when I was little, mostly my Mom's horror.

·
Registered
726 Posts
....on this issue comes from a French friend of mine who grew up on a farm there. Tradition there, which goes back many hundreds of years is that Sorrel, the leafy green is a good de-wormer. It also is delicious and quite nutritious, having a alot of natural Vit. C in it which gives it, in my opinion , a very lemony, not-bitter, taste. Just recently, we began eating it in every salad.

http://www.viable-herbal.com/singles/herbs/s888.htm

http://www.elbeeglobal.com/Products/SheepSorrel.htm

Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food,
(Hippocrates),

Ray

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
There is an extensive section on how to deal with pinworms in the book "Natural Healing for Babies and Children" by Aviva Romm. The only thing I can remember offhand is that pumkin seeds (eating them) is excellent for getting rid of pinworms. Make sure the child washes their hands frequently to avoid spreading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.