Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mommas!

New to this group and praying one of you ladies can help.

I'm a new mom to a 6 month old living in Baltimore, MD. Cloth diapering, breastfeeding, natural birth, etc.

I knew I wanted to be selective from the start with vaccines but being a younger (under 30) first-time mother, I have been bullied, pressured, and even deceived into receiving all vaccines.

I insisted to have the 2 month vaccines separated one week apart and my son was perfectly fine.

At the 4 month appointment, I asked how many vaccines he would be receiving and if we were going by the last schedule, I was told yes just 3. He was given 3 pokes, but 7 vaccines. My son was inconsolable for 5 days after, refused to eat, fever, shrieking cries.

For the 6 month appt, we switched pediatricians. However, this pediatrician also gave us trouble. She was willing to give prevnar a week later, but gave the dTap and said she wouldn't be able to get those separated. 2 days later my son had a seizure--without a fever. No history of seizures, never happened before this. They of course said it had nothing to do with the vax. We are not getting prevnar and I don't want to vax any longer, maybe indefinitely, maybe just until my son is at least 2.

I want to know if anyone has a pediatrician CURRENTLY in Maryland who is okay with spreading out vax or allowing parents to be selective about which ones and when....some doctors who were posted about on google who used to be flexible, no longer are. I am willing to travel to Montgomery County, Frederick County, etc.

Please help!! My husband and I are desperate!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
There is a mothering forum especially for vaccinations, i.e. http://www.mothering.com/forum/47-vaccinations/

Unfortunately new parents are often conned into believing that they need to take their new baby every two months for a so-called well baby visit.

STOP :eek:

There is no obligation to take your baby to a doctor every couple of months. If your baby is healthy, i.e. eating well, has no symptoms of disease then stay away from those that seem to treat him like a pin cushion.

Suggest you read:

For example:

·
Registered
8,515 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yes Dr. sears is good about your vax choices. I take all my kids there and we don't vax and she doesnt pressure us. My kids are 8, 6, and 4. I dont believe insurance covers her though, we pay out of pocket and then subit it to our ins to count towards our detuctible. For us it is not a big deal since our kids are pretty healthy we see her once a year and it cost a little over $300 for kids. She also took out my younger sons stitches it cost a little over $100 and then she told us what natural healing salve to buy to help it heal more so for us right now she is affordable especially with not having to fight her on our decisions. I live in Crofton area and have no problem driving up there for her.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did you find any good leads?

I'm also seeking a selective/delayed/non-vax friendly doc (pediatrician or family dr) in the Baltimore County area that takes insurance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mommas!

New to this group and praying one of you ladies can help.

I'm a new mom to a 6 month old living in Baltimore, MD. Cloth diapering, breastfeeding, natural birth, etc.

I knew I wanted to be selective from the start with vaccines but being a younger (under 30) first-time mother, I have been bullied, pressured, and even deceived into receiving all vaccines.

I insisted to have the 2 month vaccines separated one week apart and my son was perfectly fine.

At the 4 month appointment, I asked how many vaccines he would be receiving and if we were going by the last schedule, I was told yes just 3. He was given 3 pokes, but 7 vaccines. My son was inconsolable for 5 days after, refused to eat, fever, shrieking cries.

For the 6 month appt, we switched pediatricians. However, this pediatrician also gave us trouble. She was willing to give prevnar a week later, but gave the dTap and said she wouldn't be able to get those separated. 2 days later my son had a seizure--without a fever. No history of seizures, never happened before this. They of course said it had nothing to do with the vax. We are not getting prevnar and I don't want to vax any longer, maybe indefinitely, maybe just until my son is at least 2.

I want to know if anyone has a pediatrician CURRENTLY in Maryland who is okay with spreading out vax or allowing parents to be selective about which ones and when....some doctors who were posted about on google who used to be flexible, no longer are. I am willing to travel to Montgomery County, Frederick County, etc.

Please help!! My husband and I are desperate!
Dr. Paul Ambush! I am from Howard County and I plan on going to him after our DD is born, he is Pro-Vax but he welcomes Non-Vaxing and Selective Vaccination parents. He even accepts most insurances including Medicaid (Amerigroup). I plan on having a consultantion with him in June and so far I've heard he is a very caring pedi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.