Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'm no help. OUr baby has no name. It's nickname is Rythm and that may well be his or her real name. You might try finding a list of tree names, some of them make really neat names.

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (7), Butterfly (2), and Rythm (due at home 1/06)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The tree names thing is a good idea! That's kind of how we picked out the name we're doing, or more like we were inspired. We went from Alder to Alden, hehe. Let's see if I can think of anything. I dated a guy named Rivers, I always thought that was nice. We had considered Archer, Sonnet, Winter, and Glen. I think DH ended up shooting all those down! I still like them though. Hope you find something you love!

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Instead of an actual name of a feature in nature, what about using the name of an environmental pioneer that you respect? Like John (Muir), Henry or David (Thoreau), Ansel (Adams). There are so many more... I'm sure you could find something more unusual than John or David if you tried.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I will throw out my favorite name-- Asa. It is an Old Testament Name meaning physician or healer; and is the only Judahite king to not go bad (according to DH's grandmother). I love it because it is so unusual. I have not met a single Asa, ever! We are using this as our baby's middle name (Whether we hav a boy or a girl). I think the name is so far removed from its Biblical origin that nobody knows whether it is a girl's name or boy's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.