Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always loved the idea of child led weaning. When I got pregnant, I thought there was no way I could keep up with growing a healthy baby AND nursing. So, I tried a couple of times to wean and it just didn't feel right to ds, me or dh. So I've really been taking the whole nursing thing one day at a time. I thought maybe when my milk dried up (which it did) but ds didn't seem to care there was no milk, he nursed right on through. So then I though I would want him weaned by the time the baby came (well more like by 6 months) but the time never felt right...
soo.....now I'm due in just a couple of weeks and nursing is unbelievably uncomfortable! I mean some nights its so uncomfortable and painful nursing him that it makes me nauseous. I don't mind nursing him to fall asleep if he can fall asleep in a reasonable amount of time (ie not 2 hours). and i don't mind if he wakes up and nurses for a few minutes to fall back asleep but this past week he's been waking up and marathon nursing for hours and I can't handle it. he will lay awake in bed just nursing for hours on end. I need any advice you can offer on either coping with the nursing or weaning him during the night. i'm also really nervous for the new baby to come bc if i have a marathon nursing toddler and a newborn nursing every 2 hours i will never get any sleep and will be a wreck. tia

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.