Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, sorry if this on the wrong thread. I want to know, how early can I take a pregnancy test? I had sex 10 days ago. We used the pull out method but I am very paranoid about getting pregnant and I want to test myself asap. I have been feeling very tired lately. Is it too soon?

Secondly is there any natural/homamade pregnancy tips that i can think about doing before consulting a doctor ?"

·
Registered
331 Posts
IT depends on when you ovulated, and each person is different. You might be able to get faint positives early, but to be conclusive you will want to wait about two weeks after ovulation. I don't quite understand the question in the last sentence, could you please clarify?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It depends on the test. I think you have to wait at least 14 days but not until your missed period. No big deal though because most pregnancy tests come with 2, so you could take one now and again later. I'm confused by the last question as well. Are you referring to inducing your period/early miscarriage? Sorry if I'm wrong and I read it that way!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
My suggestion is to buy a bunch of those Internet strips and test to your heart's content. Will they turn positive this early? (if you were ovulating the day you had sex) Unlikely, but you can test every day till your period comes or doesn't. They're also fairly accurate. I tested positive early with mine. Keep on mind I had a pack of 50 that I used a few strips out of every month out of paranoia. One month I actually ended up being pregnant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
14 days after sex you may see a positive, but your best bet is to wait until after your expected period. If you test 4 days from now and get a negative, test again a week later to be sure.

Also, look into more effective birth control. There are a lot of options, and it's worth the hassle to not feel so nervous every time you have sex.

As far as homemade pregnancy test goes you can have a look here.. If a doctor's visit isn't possible for you, I would call a women's health clinic and talk with a nurse or other health professional there. They will probably be very helpful and provide information you need on reproductive matters.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi everyone, sorry if this on the wrong thread. I want to know, how early can I take a pregnancy test? I had sex 10 days ago. We used the pull out method but I am very paranoid about getting pregnant and I want to test myself asap. I have been feeling very tired lately. Is it too soon?

Secondly is there any natural/homamade pregnancy tips that i can think about doing before consulting a doctor ?"
@Margerytnunez - I'd say if you're indeed pregnant it's too soon to be feeling tired, as 10 days past sex you may barely be implanted, depending on when you ovulated. The tiredness could also be related to normal hormonal changes with your cycle, getting ready for your period. I'd say wait until your period is due, then test. I know it sucks to wait, but it's really the most reliable way.

If this ever happens again, Plan B is available over the counter now - you just take it within the first couple days. It's worth $50 to save yourself worrying about it. ;)

But definitely go for a more reliable birth control method - withdrawal is like playing roulette. Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) is great for understanding your cycle and recognizing your fertile times, but you must use it religiously and use a backup method like condoms or preferably abstain while approaching fertility. www.tcoyf.com Good luck to you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts