Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

My DS has been wetting the bed every night. We have tried everything in the book, but came to the conclusion that he is one of the little boys for whom it takes longer... (my brother wet his bed until age 9)

We were buying him Goodnight from Huggies, but they cost so much... I will be CDing a 2yo and a NB in March, so it makes no sense for me to buy disposable for my 5yo.

Before I go out and buy some more, I was wondering if there are any good cloth alternatives. Are there any nighttime underpants for older kids which could compare to Goodnights?? (trim and absorbent?)

THANK YOU SO MUCH

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm intereseted too. Polihaupt, motherease makes what I consider really absorbent nightime pants that go up to big sizes (like 70 pounds), but they are NOT trim. My dd is 8, and is in another one of her bouts of bedwetting...she's fine in the motherease at home, but the age of sleepovers is dawning. Please, links to trim nightime panties, please!!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just found out about Happy Heinys pocket trainers!
You you stuff them with Happy Heinys Stuffers/Joey Bunz they must be trimmer. Are they?
How many stuffers do you need for a bigger child overnight? 2?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The Motherease Bedwetter Pants are great (our favorites actually) but they are definitely not trim. For trim I like our Bedtimes Training Pants from The EC Store. They are as trim as underwear and are very absorbant. My 33lb. 4 year old wears the larges to bed but they are very tight on him. We haven't had any leaks. You can stuff them with more absorbancy if you need it but I have found the hemp layers to be sufficient. http://www.theecstore.com/

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
impandpixie: those bedtimes look great! Now if I can just figure out how to place an order for them...
polihaupt: If he didn't mind wearing them at home, and if you need the absorbency (I don't have to wash sheets the nights dd wears them), the motherease pants are GREAT! But I do appreciate these knowledgeable suggestions for trimmer pants. I have heard that even a frequent bedwetter won't have as much wetness on a sleepover--they never sleep!! or anyway, the theory is that they never get into a deep enough sleep.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I second Drymids
. We've been using these for a year and a half for my 6 yo bedwetter, and he loves them. Definitely get the inserts, you will need them. They come in a boxer style that is cute and perfect for sleepovers. They also have a brief style that doesn't look too diapery.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
So are the drymids boxers waterproof? My ds wets a ton at night, and he is 7...I would love to have something like the boxers for him, but am wondering if they would work for a heavy wetter, and keep the bed dry. ??

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I just wanted to hijack this thread for a moment.

My 4yog had only had 1 dry night in her life. And, if she fell asleep during the afternoon, she would wet then, too.

I bought a bedwetting alarm and I am so thankful that I did. The alarm goes off at the first drop of moisture. I learned that she was wetting 4, sometimes 5 times a night. I also learned that she was absolutely sleeping through her wetting, too.

We have been using this alarm for about a month and we have had at least 7 totally dry nights. Lately, it is only once, if she wets. And she will call for me, or get up to go to the bathroom by herself. Last night was a banner night for us. She did not wet AND she didn't call me until 7:45 to say that she had to go potty.

So in our case, it was absolutely a sleep disorder and not a bladder issue.

Getting back to bedwetting items, we have tried the Overnight Undies and the HH pocket trainers. Neither were trim. We ended up using Nightly Newts under a Kiwi Pie. It wasn't trim, either, but it wasn't PUL and that was what I was looking for. Plus, I needed something that could hold a lot, since she was such an avid wetter.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamoo
So are the drymids boxers waterproof? My ds wets a ton at night, and he is 7...I would love to have something like the boxers for him, but am wondering if they would work for a heavy wetter, and keep the bed dry. ??
nak

Yes they are waterproof. The boxer shorts are essentially the briefs with the shorts added. The brief has a multi-layer soaker zone and elastic fabric sides, similar to most disposable pull-ups. The soaker zone has a waterproof outer layer similar to PUL and a thick soaker sewn in on the sides. There are flaps at the front and back to hold the insert in place. You can also stuff the insert under the sewn in soaker, like a pocket diaper, to hold it more securely. Overall it is pretty trim, considering. My son prefers his Drymids over disposable pull-ups, so they must be comfortable.

My son is an erratic bedwetter. He will be dry at night for week, then wet several nights in a row. He can be quite a heavy wetter at times. Drymids hold it all fine without leaks, except the occasional waistband leak that I suspect is due to boy bits pointing the wrong way.

HTH!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

It says in the Drymids site that the boxers are only for daytime use. Why? Would they work with the inserts? And which inserts do you have to get: the disposable or the washable??

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Glad you asked this. My 4 YO has been wetting the bed alot lately. We have some of the HH pocket trainers but they are not trim at all and he hates wearing them. He also hates wearing the sposies, so I've been at a loss on what to do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.