Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!<br>
I am fairly new to handeling health issues naturally. I am trying though, I am learning more every day how conventional medicine and foods really harm our bodies.<br><br>
SOOOOO- my 22 month old has a fever tonight. I would guess it's between 103 and 104 right now, it was 101.8 a few hours ago. She started out throwing up at 2 am, and kept that up until around noon, and then she started the runs. She is very sleepy and has been in bed since 4pm after also taking 2 one hour naps today. Her sleep is very restless though, she keeps calling out and is in obvious discomfort. I have withheld all food, and most liquid since she was puking everything up. She has had breastmilk and pedialyte to drink, she doesn't nurse anymore, but I pumped since I have a supply from the baby!! Anyway, what can I offer her for pain medicine, to settle her down and help her cool off? I would usually give her tylenol, but after reading on how that works I am holding off. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also any books on what to do and what to have on hand for natural healing would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
The book I recommend is by Peggy O'Mara - Raising a healthy family.<br><br>
I will pm you.<br><br>
IMO you should take lots of Sodium Ascorbate Powder since you are pumping. I would take 2 Tablespoon right away. And unless you have a loose stool, take that again tomorrow.<br><br>
Only give her bm whenever she wants. I believe that should be her only food UNLESS she asks for other food. I would not give her pedialyte.<br><br>
You can also take echinacea and cod liver oil.<br><br>
She is 22 months, you can give her some Sodium Ascorbate Powder in bm if she'll take it and if you want to. 350 mg/per kg body weight. Although most kids will not take it when they are sick. Cod liver oil (mercury free) would be good right about now for her.<br><br>
If you really feel you need to do something about the fever (although I would not necessarily) you can put vinegar on washcloths and wrap her feet with it. Only her feet!<br><br>
The fever should go up and down. It should not stay up very high for a long time. If it spikes and drops and keeps doing that, it is a good sign the body is working just perfectly and she is building immunity. Usually the fever goes up for 2-3 hours and down for 15 minutes. This is from personal experience. But kids vary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts