Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have 2 baby carrying needs to address.lol

#1 We're taking a vacation to the Black Hills. I'm assuming there are some/ most attractions that aren't double stroller friendly. My Bug is a big guy lol, at 15 mos. he's close to 25 lbs. Thank goodness he loves the KKAFP because my arm kills after 5 mins. of holding him. But I'm thinking we're both gonna suffer heat stroke from a fleece pouch in July.

What is a good carrier- I'm thinking a back carrier would be best, but I like pouches too. However I am ring sling impaired and wraps are too much fabric for me.

#2 What can I use for pool time ? I run out of hands in the big pool with both the littles. Will is learning to swim and Gav turns to velcro child.

oh babywearing gurus, have you any suggestions for me?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
ABC's are great for versatility & heavy guys (I have a 22 lb er myself & like it for the back carry for a long time) if you go that route, get the padded shoulders. I've only seen water slings (made from mesh) in the ring style, but I'm sure somebody makes a mesh pouch....

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You could get a Gypsymama water wrap and wear it in and out of the water. It's really light and really not that much fabric at all. A simple pouch like a Hotsling would be great to take along for hip carries, and even short-term back carries.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I haven't tried any of these yet...but next summer I will be! Here are some options I have recently seen,
A solarveil Mei tei (I know sachi sells one - I have a regular sachi MT and can't wait to use it when baby is born. It looks great) And also a hot slings pool pouch. Both can be used in and out of water and look to be quite cool and comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts