Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds2 just took his diaper off and said his penis hurt.....he kept saying owie....It kinda looks like it bulges on one side a bit......any ideas what this could be? I'm worried that something is swollen in there and he's going to have a hard time pee'ing. He keeps squeezing it and saying owwwww
Help

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
That would make me nervous. I'd call the nurse helpline. There is one here that is 24 hours and free. You call and leave a message and a nurse calls you back within 15 minutes.

I have girls so no direct experience, but my close friend had a similar issue with her ds1 - pain but I don't remember the bulging part - anyway, he ended up having something twisted inside and could have lost a testicle if it wasn't resolved. I wish I remembered more of the details. I'd just call to run it past someone who can tell you.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
DONT let them convince you to retract or circ!!!

Does it affect the Glans area, or the shaft area

Put a cold wash cloth on it and see if that helps.

Also let him play in the tub...a warm tub might also help get things going...

Mabe the people over in the Case against Circ board might be able to help.

My brain isn't working right now

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
It could be herniated? Or a stone? Or it could be normal. I think I would call if he's saying owie that much. Has he peed?

mv

·
Registered
437 Posts
Is it the penis itself or his testicles? If it is the testicles or at the base of the penis I'd be worried it might be a hernia! I'd call. Let us know what happens - hope he gets to feeling better!

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora114
DONT let them convince you to retract or circ!!!
I was going to say the same thing. There are some snip happy doctors.

I also have the same questions as some people. It is the penis or the testicles?

How old is your ds? I know sometimes when boys start to retract it causes pain, and you said your son keeps squeezing it and saying it hurts...maybe the swelling is from him squeezing it.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help mamas! He seems to be better this morning and isnt complaining.
It's definitely on the shaft not the testicles......
It doesnt look red or inflamed and he's been able to pee without any problem today....
Last night when he first took his diaper off, he had a ummmm...what's the technial term for a woody?
He's also well endowed and I think sometimes it hurts when it happens and he's confined in a diaper...
I'm gonna call the dr. tomorrow (unless he starts complaining again then I'll take him in to the ER)
I'll keep you all posted.....thanks so much for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts