Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is 13 months. My SIL and niece (16 months) come to my house to care for her while I work.<br><br>
Earlier tonight, SIL called because my niece projectile vomited everywhere. DD was acting fine at the time.<br><br>
About 40 mins ago she started screaming....HYSTERICAL screams. She's in some kind of pain. She keeps throwing herself backward arching her back so I'm guessing it's tummy related.<br><br>
She will nurse...but she pops off and starts up hysterical, whooping cries again.<br><br>
About 5 mins ago she stopped crying when I brought her to her fishie tank...and now she's happily sitting on the floor playing.<br><br>
I'm not trying to be ridiculous, but SOMETHING had her in pain and hysterical 5 minutes ago. I'm sort of scared to go to bed and have her get sick or w/e.<br><br>
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's so hard when they can't tell you what's going on!<br><br>
One of the bugs that's been going around where I live is accompanied by a very painful tummy. Both my kids had it, with fever - never threw up, but had a lot of stomach pain.<br><br>
Don't know if that might be it, but it can't hurt to call your doc if you're worried!

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
I would suspect gas. She might have some virus that affects her belly.<br><br>
No rotavax in the last few days, right?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we don't vax. the only thing she's ever had injected into her is vit. k<br><br>
I've never heard her that hysterical, ever. It totally freaked me out.<br><br>
She's still playing happily though. I think I'm going to try to go to bed pretty soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts