Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,<br><br>
I'm currently living in DC and were about to move to San Jose, but we just found out last night that my husband has the option of taking a job in San Jose or Watsonville. We love the San Jose area, but have been really freaked out about the housing cost. Online Watsonville looks like a better deal (housing wise) and I'm wondering if Watsonville is an okay place to live? Thanks!!<br><br>
Katy

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hi, I live in Aptos which is the next town over from Watsonville. Watsonville has good areas and not so good areas. There is a section sort of north west of the down town that is new and a growing area. The south east area is the older section. Watsonville is probably 75% latino and alot of town caters to the latinos. Lots of great taquerias and rotticceries. Good shopping and there is a nice new movie theater and downtown is all rebeuilt since the 89 quake. There is a lot of farming still, mostly veggies and strawberries.<br><br>
The School District is kind of unique. I live in the district and the northern schools are very good and have good "scores", the southern schools are challenged because of alot of ESL kids and alot of parents get their children transferred to the northern schools. My DD goes to a great school and we really like living in Aptos. The area we live in is rural but there are alot of services and things to do. Home values are still crazy, but Watsonville and the surrounding area is a little better.<br><br>
What are your specific questions? PM me if you want to go into detail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts