Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mamas,

I'm very new to babywearing.. I bought a Gypsy Mama stretch wrap when DD was a few weeks old but I've only used it a handful of times. She's almost 4 months now and prefers to be upright when she's awake. I've tried wearing her tummy to tummy a couple of times, but she hated it; facing out she's much happier, but I'm not sure what's the best way to wear a 4 month old facing out? She also likes being carried upright on my hip, but again, no clue what would be a good carry in the wrap that would mimic that. Any help/suggestions for good carries would be appreciated!

·
Registered
157 Posts
My daughter was happy and ready to move to riding on my back in our Ergo carrier recently- at about 5 months... coming up soon for your LO. This way she could look around more and it also feels much more comfy, symmetrical and hands-free to me. Maybe that would work for you two also?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read your replies but forgot to respond - thanks ladies! Still practicing, DD loves to be held but this wrap thing definitely has a big learning curve! It doesn't help that we only have a little while together after she comes home from day care before she gets cranky and wants to go to bed - not the ideal time to be experimenting with the wrap.

DH mentioned that he'd wear her sometimes if we had something "more normal"/not purple (which really surprised me, he was not on board with babywearing before she was born). It's a lovely purple, but I guess it's not manly enough
so I may talk him into investing in an SSC of some type that we can both use while I get the hang of wrapping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.