Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short...I have a great opportunity to work part time from home for an old client. I definitely want to do it...the only catch is that they need me to come in for a few hours to meet with them first. No big deal right...except that I am in Boston...they are in Miami!

I am scheduled to go tomorrow and have been planning to take dh and dd with me...we have plane tickets and everything. He would just watch her while I was in the meeting.

She is 16 mo and has never been apart from me for more than 4 hrs. We are planning to make the trip in one day...leave at 6am and return on a 6pm flight. So if I went alone I would be apart from her for at least 16 hours.

I have started to think that maybe I could go alone...I know she would definitely be upset and I would probably be a mess too...but taking her along is also very tough. It would be sooooo much easier if I could go alone. And I feel a little crazy lugging them both down there.

Has anyone done anything like this...leave dc for a loooong time without ever easing them into such a long separation. How did it go?

WWYD?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
only you can decide what is best for you.

BUT...
Are you bf'ing? will you have to miss out on that?
that is a big decision maker IMO.

Will she be with your DH the whole time?

I am going through a similar ordeal but i am only gonna be 2 hrs away. I have a mtg for my business ( optional, but beneficial) and dH wants to play in a softball tournament. DS would be with MIL for about 8 hrs.
I think he needs to realzie enough softball already but what can i do ?
i have a feeling i wil be missing my mtg.

good luck in your decision.

Amy

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes...she is still nursing. i know that would be hard for both of us. she still gets a good portion of her calories from it and of course comfort.

she would be with DH the whole time and he would pull out all the stops...beach, park, museum etc.

it's just that i know it will be very upsetting because she will definitely ask for me (she signs for nurse and mommy).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes, it will be hard being apart for such a long time. But if you are really intersted in the position, trust the fact that your dd will be with her father the entire time. Next to me, there's no one I trust more with our children than my DH (my mom is a close third though.) It will probably be good for both of them to spend the day together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.