Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm not sure quite what to do here. My friend just called and asked me what I was doing today... I replied that I was thinking of going to the nearest city to look for some consignment kids' stores (since I've exhausted our local supply
). She says: "Well, are you going to be back for your baby shower"?

:

I HAD NO IDEA! My sister, who obviously knew about everything, was here and is furious/really upset. Her and my roommate/best friend had been running around planning things all weekend. I didn't have the heart to tell my roommate right away, so I just acted like nothing. But my sister is bound to say something, and now I'll look like an idiot.

My mom - whose house it is at - would be truly upset if I knew about the shower. She really takes pride in throwing parties etc... and is even closing her store early to be there.

I don't know what to do because my sister and my crazy surprise-blowing friend both know that I know. So, if I act like I don't know, I will look like a liar/idiot if one of them says that I know. And if I say I do know, then people's feelings get hurt, and the general mood of the party is kind of dampened.

What do you mamas think?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Call your friend and your sister and say that while you do know, you don't want to hurt the feelings of everyone else involved so you WILL be surprised and they are to keep this indiscretion of thiers quiet.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If it were me, there is no way I could pretend that I don't know. I would have your sister let everyone know now.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It is certainly not your fault that your friend blew it. I mean, if a surprise party is being thrown in your honor, chances are, you aren't going to know about it.
If you can't do what a pp said and act surprised for all the people who DON'T know you know, then I would have the surprise blowing friend fess up to the rest that she is the one who can't keep a secret. For goodness sake, Mama. Not your problem! It is your day, you are the one having a baby! Don't fret about your friend's indiscretion.

A friend of mine at work blew my surprise baby shower, but I managed not to let anyone else know that I knew and act surprised...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.