Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sweating bullets. It's like 90 degrees out there. I could *not* get that thing in either the middle or the side to a rock solid position. I was trying to secure it rear-facing (niece of nephew due any day now) I could get it to completely solid side-to side- but not front to back. I reied everthing including my teen's 150 lb body as I pulled the car seat straps. I don;t recall there being any give in my RA in my car. The car is a 97 4 door Eagle Vision from Chrysler.

Thoughts? Just bag the idea that this carseat fit in this car?

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Did you use the RF tether? That is usually the only way I can get it rock solid front to back. Also, carseats, exceptt he RA really since it tethers rf, are meeant to rock front to back, to some extent. Meaning they don't stay stuck to the seat surface...does that make sense?

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes- thank you! We were having trouble with where to tether it. After a glass of ice water and some internet research, we're good. Amazing how foggy one's thinking can become when you're gettting heat stroke.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Around here the highway patrol will install your carseat for free and make sure it's in properly. You just have to call and make an appointment. Maybe they have this where you live?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.