Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! i wash my prefolds and fuzzi bunz with a cold pre-soak and spin out, to which i add some baking soda. then i do a hot wash with 2 tbs of a free and clear type soap, and often i add a few drops of tto or GSE to disinfect. i sometimes add vinegar to the rinse, as we have hard water. i then do two extra rinses. but as soon as my 7 mo old baby pees, the dipes reek! esp the hemparoos - i have two hemp prefolds and a few joey buns. i also have some stinky fleece problems in my fb's. what do i do? can a person strip hemp? how? thanks, women!

·
Registered
105 Posts
One thing you might consider in increasing the amount of detergent that you're using. Hard water tends to bind some of the detergent and could be the cause of your stink. That is that the detergent is bound to the minerals in your hot water and not able to work on your diaper load.

The other thing to do might be to try another detergent for a few washes and see how that goes. I'd still do the prewash, soda and vinergar in the rinse. Is your main wash fairly hot?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts