Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ds1 and dh are both circ'd so ds2 is my first experience with an intact penis. He's been on zithromax since last Thursday (well he finished a few days ago). I have been sick so dh has been changing the diapers. Noah has a terrible terrible rash, probably yeast. His penis is swollen. So swollen that his foreskin is retracted, like I can see the hole where the pee comes out (I so can't even think of the name right now). I've called the pede, but it could be hours before they get back to me. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Monistat cream!!! (or same store brand- I like Walgreens)
It will take the swelling/burning down within a couple doses- just slather it all over. Keep treating for 7-10 days, and try to get some probiotics into him. HTH

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thixle View Post
Monistat cream!!! (or same store brand- I like Walgreens)
It will take the swelling/burning down within a couple doses- just slather it all over. Keep treating for 7-10 days, and try to get some probiotics into him. HTH
Yep, if it is yeast, this would be a good option.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Yep sounds like yeast. Try the monistate ASAP and if it is it will show improvemnt within 24 hours then he needs to go in for a culture to see exactly what is growing.

I would give him a nice warm bath to sooth and diaper free time.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I also think yeast, but I wanted to just make absolutely sure- you said his foreskin is so swollen it's retracted. It's not stuck behind the glans, is it? Because that is serious and would need to be corrected asap. It's probably not what you meant, but I just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Probably yeast if he has been on ABX. My experience with yeast has been that Diflucan is the BEST if it is serious. My son suffers from intestinal yeast and diflucan has been the only thing that worked for his internal and butt yeast. You can get it by prescription from the doctor.

Remember that no one should ever try to retract your son. Remind the doctors never to try to retract if you take him.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1071893

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THe dr called in some nystatin for him. We gave him a nice warm bath and let him go diaper free for awhile so we could be certain it wasn't hurting him to pee. It's not. The foreskin isn't too retracted, just more than it normally is, I don't think it's stuck.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Sounds like it is being retracted a bit but not much onto the glans due to the swelling.

I am glad you got the nystatin I hope it clears up fast. I am glad he isnt hurting with it yeast can be a real pain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.