Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.drgreene.com/21_210.html

Steps To Take Before Giving Up On Breast Feeding
Don't feed your baby more often than every hour-and-a-half to two hours. She may want to eat more often, but you will not have the milk she needs in less than an hour-and-a-half (from start time to start time).

:
I don't even know where to start, I am just totally speechless right now.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Quote "If these don't work, you can still decide to switch to bottle feeding. If, instead, you choose hastily to stop breast
feeding, you might never be able to go back"

This is from the website. It seems as if his intentions are good, he is just somewhat misguided. If you decide to "help him" please do so gently...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. He has a ton of information on breastfeeding, most of it really good stuff. He really does seem to be pro-breastfeeding, which makes it all the more believable to a mom who needs help. I'm sure he would be open to changing his ideas if he knew more about supply and demand, so directing him to kellymom.com is the way I'm going to go. Honey always works better than vinegar, and the more the better!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have used Dr. Greene's web site before (never for BFing info) and I think he is pretty pro-BFing. I just think, like the pp, that he's a little misguided. Directing him to research on kellymom.com should be really helpful!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Throughout history babies have clusterfed, on breastmilk, and grown up just fine. I always had milk when my baby wanted it, even if it was only 30 minutes later.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I fed my son on one breast at a time (my boobs were always lop sided
) He nursed about every 30 minutes for the first couple of weeks, then about every 30-60 minutes until he was about 8 weeks old....then eventually he went about every 90-120 minutes between feedings. I never had a problem with supply. Even when it seemed by boobs were "empty", I would still have let down...no problem with milk supply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts