Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is a late teether, so many of you would have experienced this at the babe age.<br><br>
When her top two teeth came in, she rubbed two holes into my nipples. not biting, but more of a friction type of thing.<br><br>
The pain has been, at times, unbearable.<br><br>
Now, going on a month, these sores I think will never heal. My daughter gets very upset if she doesn't nurse from both sides for her few feedings a day now.<br><br>
Did anyone have this, and did they go away? What did you put on them?<br><br>
I have tried Calendula ointment and APNO.<br><br>
I think that if these sores were healed, her latch has adjusted better to the teeth, too.<br><br>
Sorry to be gross, but one is kind of puss-y and I now worry about long-term effects on ths tissue if I have another babe or if my dd is ijesting something she shouldn't if it is infected.<br><br>
Kellymom and Dr. Jack Newman himself have left me empty.<br><br>
PLease help!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ouch! I had a hole from a bite, but it sounds very similar to yours--pus, horrible pain when nursing, etc. I tried flushing the wounds with saline and applying liquid GSE, and Motherlove Nipple ointment, but moist healing was not working. What finally worked was a few drops of hydrogen peroxide (probably not a very popular idea here) at bedtime and then leaving the area open to air as much as possible to let it dry and scab over. It took about a week but I healed.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I had a bite that took a long time to heal. I put Lansinoh on it and wore breastshells (Medela ones) all the time so that it could air dry. I also nursed DD in a different position so that her teeth wouldn't dig into the same spot over and over again. It took about a week before it completely healed. The biting phase sucked. I hope things get better soon for you.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Oh mama, that seriously sucks. You poor thing. Have you tried going to a LLL meeting? I'm wondering if they have any ideas on your daughters latch, I wouldn't think just getting new teeth would cause sores that bad.<br><br>
During the winter when dd was getting her front teeth she bit me and caused a sore, lanolin had it cured in about a week.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts