Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm loosely TTC- though not charting (how I regret that now!).  I took a few OPKs earlier this week, from CD 13-14 that were progressively more positive (until I got an actual positive), then went negative by CD 15.  Not a ton of EWCM until CD 15 (which made sense) and I felt crampy that day and assumed ovulation.  BUT the EWCM never dropped off- then actually increased a ton today- and I've been "in the mood" *again*- took an OPK out of curiosity (just bought $ Store ones- just like earlier in the week) and a glaring positive... again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What's the deal?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(Background- nursing a 1 yo but with regular(ish) cycles since 3 mo PP about 29-31 days)</p>

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
<p>It could be that your body was gearing up to O earlier in the week with your first positive OPK, but didn't for some reason, and now with the second positive it actually is going to O.  But, of course the only was to know for sure when you O'ed is the BBT shift.  The OPKs just give an estimate. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck! </p>

·
Registered
230 Posts
<p>I also had two positive OPKs in a similar pattern to what you described (although I'm not certain what day your 2nd postive OPK came) -- for me, it turned out that I was pregnant!  <br></p>

·
Registered
532 Posts
<p>What CD are you on now? It's possible you are prego and it's detecting hCG not LH.</p>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>1st + OPK was on CD 13, the 2nd + OPK was on CD 18.  I've had EWCM from CD 12-20 (I'm now on CD 21 and becoming creamy).  My cycles are somewhere between 29-31 (up to 33) days since having my last child, now 12 mos. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I really don't think it's picking up hCG because it got increasingly dark then positive from CD 11-13, then towards negative again by CD 14.  I didn't test between then and CD 18- only tested that day because I had one more test left and still had EWCM and felt crampy- and it was very positive...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll keep you guys posted.</p>

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
<p>The most likely explanation is what ValH said.  You can gear up to O with fertile CF and OPK+ and not succeed only to do it all over again a few days or even weeks later.  Many ordinary things can delay O such as injury, illness, stress, travel, strenuous exercise, etc.  Breastfeeding also gets in the way of O.  Again the only way to confirm is by temping.  But it is quite likely if you dried up after that second patch of EW and haven't had any since that you did in fact O 24-36 hours after the second OPK+.   I'd say CD 20 is a good guess for now, making you 1 DPO.....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Uh I just noticed this was like a year and a half ago.  So the OP would have her baby by now.  LOL!   But to add to the conversation since this is a common question...  OPK's can be used as HPT's but only well after an HPT would turn up positive anyway.  Otherwise OPK's can turn up positive for a variety of other reasons as they are often not the most reliable things.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts