Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am an old pro at cding (after 2.5 yrs and 2 kids I should be) but I am stumped. Here are my problems:
Daughter has a BAD yeast rash (I think.... it is red and lacey and goes away with sunning)
Diapers stink when peed in

My daughter keeps getting these reacurring yeast rashes on her bum since we have been living temp. at my moms. She has a stupid front loader that I hate and I don't think it is cleaning my diapers. She uses All small and mighty and I use Charlie's. Do you think her stuff is irritating my dd? Do I need to strip my diapers? We are using disgusting disposables and I feel so quilty about it... but I am wondering if I should just keep using them until we move. I don't know why she keeps getting these rashes. She has had thrush in her mouth like 5 times since birth. I try to feed her lots of yogurt and avoid refined sugars myself. I also take acidopholus (sp?). It makes me feel awful to use sposies. I can smell the chemicals coming off of them when I open one up.

So, anyone with advice? TIA

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
Here is what I would do if I were you.
1. Make sure your diapering system is 100% breathable (cotton & wool) and there are no syntetics such as fleece touches your baby's skin (fuzzibunz caused my baby horrible diaper rash just after a day and a half of use)
2. Wipe her rash area with solution 5 drops of grapefruit seed extract per 4oz of water with every diaper change until the rash is gone completely.
3. Edd about 20 drops of grapefruit seed extract with every laundry.

Hope that helps,
Yulia.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I add a step to my dd's changes...blow drying her bum - it makes a huge difference w/ her. I do it most changes, but every change if I see the rash coming back.

ellacy

·
Registered
40 Posts
make sure she is completely dry before putting diaper on, also try letting her air out AMAP during her nap is a good time. cotton is the best to put on her little bottom, my dd has a very sensitve bum too. she too gets a rash when in fb, so my dh & i only use organic cotton prefolds with a whisper cover and organic cotton wipes -has work so far- no rashes!!!!
i also agree front loaders are lame. maybe run a cycle with your soap on an empty load before you wash her diapers and have it run a extra rinse cycle w/ the diapers. you might need to strip them if their not absorbing properly, put a little h20 on them and see if it absorbs or runs off. BOL

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If your diapers stink you could use bleach to kill the yeasties and bacteria. I would add 1/4 cup to your cold water in the FLer, mix, and then throw in your dipes and do a quick wash. That should kill everything (use about 1 tbsp/gallon of water minimum). That should not hurt your dipes but hopefully kill nasties.

Once your dipes are clean hopefully the yeast will not come back. Until it is gone you might want to bleach your dipes every wash or use sposies until it is gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.