Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MIL is taking us to disney world this fall, i havent been their since i was a kid and not vegan..does anyone know where/what we can eat there as vegans? im overwelmed!! thanks inadvance!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Disney is very accomodating to vegans, probably moreso than any other place I've been to. Call ahead to their 800 number and they can tell you the best places to eat. Also, whenever you go to a restaurant there let them know, and they'll make adjustments for you.<br><br>
Offhand, I can tell you if you go to Epcot you can get a veg platter in Morrocco, with hummus and tabouleh and stuff. Also, if you can, go to the Boma restaurant at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. They have a huge buffet, and when we asked them what was vegan, one of the chefs came out and walked us through the line and told us what was in every single dish, and then came out latter with a plate of bbg tofu kebabs she made for us.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
We were just there for three days--that hummous and tabouleh platter is at Epcot, and it was at the food court of the hotel where we stayed. (The Caribbean Beach)<br><br>
There is plenty of junky food, but they actually have quite a bit of healthy food if you seek it out. Lots of raw carrots, lots of fruit. Soy milk was available, not on the big beverage center but separately in the little deli in the food court.<br><br>
You should probably pack some snacks or special items and bring them, if possible. Our room had a little fridge, so we kept milk and cereal in there.<br><br>
I will say, my husband is only vegetarian, and by the end of the third night I was losing my mind. He had salad, pizza, or tabouleh for lunch and dinner three days in a row.<br><br>
You could call Disney and ask if there are any restaurants that are more vegan-friendly. I STRONGLY recommend making some dinner reservations before you go--we didn't and couldn't get a reservation anywhere for dinner all three nights, that's why we were stuck at the food court. But I know there are all sorts of nicer restaurants where you could probably find something better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts