Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
I'll be watching this. We have soy allergies and I'd love to have a soy free stir fry recipe.

OP, as of now, we just do a stir fry without sauce. Not has tasty but works in a pinch.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
We can't have soy either.

I put in some ginger and some garlic, and salt & pepper. I put a little chicken broth (or you could use beef broth) in it near the end, and then thicken it with tapioca starch (you can use cornstarch; we can't do corn either) and it makes a sauce. And serve over rice. DH is the only one who still puts soy sauce on it afterwards. DD1, who can have soy, doesn't put it on because she thinks it tastes good as is (DH tends to put extra "salt" on everything, whether it's soy sauce or salt or whatever).

·
Registered
360 Posts
other ideas - pineapple, tamarind(ala thai sweet and sour), orange, peanut butter. just starting points, but i bet if one of these sounds good and you google, say "orange stir-fry recipe" you might get something. Or if you have a asian-type noodle mix(not ramen, the other stuff), you could use the package of sauce and use the noodles for something else.

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
I rarely use soy sauce in my stir fry.

Look at other seasonings-- garlic, onion, salt, pepper, ginger, sesame oil whatever. Maybe check out thai recipes. Seasoned veggies don't need soy sauce, unless you really love soy sauce. But really, it's juts pretty much brown salt liquid, kiwm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.