Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone in my house except dd has a cold right now. What are some things I can do to help us heal faster and avoid having dd catch it? And how can I boost our systems to make it through the rest of cold season unscathed?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
We always take Echinacea at the first sign of a cold, along w/ lots of vitamin C. Since C is not a fat soluble vitamin, you can't overdose on it, I would suggest taking a C tablet every few hours, and some Echinacea w/ Golden seal for the next few days, then just Echinacea until all symptoms are gone. You should be able to get all of this at your local healthfood store!

Get better soon!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Astragulus is a great remedy for colds, as is colloidal silver and homeopathic cold and flu formulas.
I personally find echinacea only works best at the very first sign of a cold... once the cold is full-set I find the remedies listed above work better. Raw garlic is another good one, as is fresh ginger, thai curries, coconut milk, and fresh chiles (I usually go to a local Thai resteraunt and get some Thai green chili soup~ it's made w/ vegis, fresh ginger, green chilis, thai curry, and coconut milk... it makes your nose run like crazy but chases the cold out!)
Don't forget the vitamin C as well!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.