Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when our son was a baby (maybe ten months or so) we would go out to eat. and we made the mistake of turning on blippie on the phone (it's a show in case you don't know what that is) in order to distract him to eat his food.

now he's two and a half and he still occasionally will not eat unless the phone or tablet is turned on to one of his shows. he specially does this when he's tired.

when we've made him go cold turkey, he responds by throwing a tantrum and not eating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Id suggest doing what i heard in the podcast. It seems a little harsh for a toddler but as long you dont do it for more than one meal in a row it should work. She suggest letting the kid skip a meal if they make demands on why or how they will or wont eat. Take the meal at the end of meal time and send them on their way until the next time to eat. Promise theyll be hungry enough they wont try to make any demands about how they want to eat. I learned a lot about disciplining a child in a cool and collected manner. The section id encouage you to listen to is setting limits and the never let em see you sweat episode. The name of the podcast is The Joel Wolfe Podcast: Courage in Chaos. Its available on itunes,spotify, or youtube if you dont have those. w w w. joelwolfe.me is the authors website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts