Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So DD is 13 mo. and has been eating solids and drinking soymilk during the day, BF's at night. (I'm out of the home 3days/wk)<br>
So lately her poo's have been super stinky and run the gamut from very loose and slimy to chunky and huge...<br>
we tried cows milk and her eczema flared, now I'm wondering if she's "sensitive" to soymilk...b/c she often has that "ring around the anus" and diaper rash<br>
I know, I know, wonderful thread....sorry, she's my first and I'm a little paranoid...<br>
she's acting normal, but is a night waker...<br><br>
Please help me...<br><br>
Also...if I take her off soymilk, what can she drink during the day?<br><br>
TIA

·
Registered
520 Posts
Personally, for just 3 days of the week I wouldn't worry, and I'd just let her nurse all the rest of the time. I'd let her have solids and water while you're gone, assuming you don't want to pump. I'm also guessing that the 3 days a week you're gone, it's just a matter of 8ish hours, not all day and all night?<br><br>
But yeah, if I suspected a sensitivity to soy milk and cow milk, I probably wouldn't give anything but breastmilk and water for drinks for a while. If you really need something, you might try rice milk, but I don't think it has a lot of nutrients.<br><br>
Just my two cents' =)<br><br>
As for what my boy's poop looks like, he almost entirely lacks interest in solids, so it still looks like breastmilk poop--yellowish in some shade or another, sometimes seedy, sometimes kinda like peanut butter, sometimes very liquidy.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
My DD is 13 mos. also. Her poops are semi formed and similar to when she was a baby. No odor at all. I agree with krisw's advice. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts