Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been cding for almost 11 months, except at night. (BTDT, just doesn't work for her.) Lately, she's begun to fight diaper changes - but only when we're using cloth.

We used dispies for a couple of days when things were just nuts around here, and no fighting. Started cloth again - instant fight. It doesn't matter what time of day.

She starts when I pull the diaper up between her legs; when she feels it against her skin. She doesn't have a rash. I'm sure she barely feels the disposable against her skin...might that be the problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jude

·
Registered
487 Posts
At around 18 mos my DD started fighting cloth too. She would say "No, no, too big" I guess she didn't like the extra bulk since she was so mobile then. Since then I became pregnant and had to take a sposie break due to overwhelming sickness whenever I tried to wash diapers. We went back to cloth a few times but all she would let me put on her was a trifolded PF in a Nikky wrap. Pretty trim.
She has since potty learned.

I guess what I'm saying is this is probably just a phase. I'd keep going back to it and she may be over it in a while.

Good luck!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm...maybe I'll take some of the stuffing out and try again with a trimmer diaper. It never occurred to me that she might actually not want the diaper on because it limits her mobility...she's very active. Maybe she can tell that she has to work harder in cloth!

Thanks for the feedback!
Jude

1 - 3 of 3 Posts