Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made some banana bread from the NT Cookbook. I let the flour (whole wheat) soak for 24 hours then proceeded to make the bread. When it finished baking, it was so so dense and seemed somewhat still unbaked (I baked it for an hour and a half). What did I do wrong? Guidance needed.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
didn't it say 1.5 hours to 3 hours? Maybe it just needed more? When I made it it just seemed like too much dough for a bread pan so I put it in a slightly larger casserole to cut down the cooking time a bit and it was done in an hour and a half. It is very dense though!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamabohl View Post
didn't it say 1.5 hours to 3 hours? Maybe it just needed more? When I made it it just seemed like too much dough for a bread pan so I put it in a slightly larger casserole to cut down the cooking time a bit and it was done in an hour and a half. It is very dense though!
Thanks for the reply
. Yeah I thought as I was pouring the batter in the loaf pan that it was too much. Next time I'll use a bigger pan. The taste of the bread was good, it just seems like it didn't cook right.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
i made it twice and it always came out custardy on the insides.
:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts