Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,294 Posts
I certainly sounds to me like he doesn't like the carseat. You said yourself that only the 5pt system has prevented escape. So he doesn't like being restrained or he is having sensory issues with parts of the carseat. That's my take on it, anyway. I work in early intervention with children who are on the autism spectrum.

Is he verbal? It sounds to me like he is trying to interact with your other sons but doesn't have an appropriate way to do that. I'd be happy to think of some activities that he could do in the car with your other son that would keep him occupied but if he's bothered by the carseat then that may be causing him to be overly irritated in his interactions.

· Registered
7,294 Posts
I understand what you are saying about it not being the individual seat, booster, etc. but the fact that he has fought being in all types of restraints surely means that he doesn't like being restrained. Some kids with SN love that and others hate it.

I also think that Piage had a bunch of great ideas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.