Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've recently been given a TON of clothse in the next couple sizes for my DS. Mostly they're 4s, 4/5, XS, and S. A few 4T and 3Ts mixed in too. My DS is currently in 3T shirts and 2T pants... and I'm trying to figure out if 4T and 4 are the same size or not. The 4s seem a teensy tinsy bit bigger... but does it really count as a seperate 'size'?? Or is it more like 24 month & 2T where they're more just a classification difference and not so much of a REAL difference... also, where on earth does 5T fit in there, I saw some at Khols yesterday and was totally thrown!!

·
Registered
951 Posts
According to Ebay:

The overlap between Toddler (2T, 3T, 4T, 5T) and Child (2, 3, 4, 5, 6) sizes is a little confusing, particularly because different brands have different criteria for distinguishing between the two size types:

- Some Toddler sizes are roomier in the bottom to accommodate diapers

- Some Child sizes are narrower and longer (Size charts will indicate this by showing a similar weight range but larger height range than the corresponding Toddler size)

- Some Child sizes are the exact same size as their Toddler counterparts, but have a different cut and style

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazer View Post
According to Ebay:

The overlap between Toddler (2T, 3T, 4T, 5T) and Child (2, 3, 4, 5, 6) sizes is a little confusing, particularly because different brands have different criteria for distinguishing between the two size types:

- Some Toddler sizes are roomier in the bottom to accommodate diapers

- Some Child sizes are narrower and longer (Size charts will indicate this by showing a similar weight range but larger height range than the corresponding Toddler size)

- Some Child sizes are the exact same size as their Toddler counterparts, but have a different cut and style
Interesting. I would have never known. I do notice though that clothing can vary from maker to maker & even within the same company, so I always have dd try something on. Once I find something that fits, I hold up the rest of the clothes to the one that fits to see if it's long enough, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.