Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying some new fitteds and I want to stay away from microfiber. There are so many fabrics used in dipes and its hard to know what will work best for us.

So, I'm looking for something that isn't notorious for holding stink (like mf is). I also want something durable.

So tell me about the best fabrics. Should blends be avoided? What about things like a velour? or a terry knit?

Thanks.

Oh, and I'm hoping to order a few new fitteds in the next few days (I'm really fed up with the night time diapers I have, although I hope to fix them eventually), so I look forward to some quick responses

·
Registered
520 Posts
Stick to cotton for the least stink issues. I have a mix of organic cotton and unbleached cotton. I actually found the unbleached Dri-line from the softest. I have 2 velour and the rest regular cotton.

Different companies' velour are different. (If it makes sense the way I wrote it.) It's not only about material, but also about which company makes it.

Good Luck! It's fun to get new diapers!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I really like bamboo velour. It's squishy soft when new, absorbent and I've had NO challenges with stink.

My favorite are Captain Fluffy Pants. She has a store on etsy and it looks like she's going to be stocking soon. I have bought my 2 pairs on diaperswappers. The m/l have worked great for my 1 year old. She's been wearing them since at least 8 mos.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
cotton
Cotton Velour
Hemp/cotton
Bamboo/cotton

all have bonus's to them.

Yeah Natural! Toot Toot!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I love hemp fitteds for both absorption and durability. I like Sugar Peas 2-size, and I've heard a lot of people like Cricketts, though I haven't tried them... Any natural fiber should be good for you. I also like bamboo, but since I made my own, I don't have a specific brand recommendation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.