Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently night weaned my 3 year old dd and she is sleeping soundly until between 5 and 6 AM. She is not fully rested(she needs 12 hours and goes to bed around 7 or 7:30) but she wakes up with the sun asking for nummies. I had told her that she could have nummies again"in the morning when it was light" and she is doing that, opening the curtains and saying "It's morning! It's light!" and then enthusiastically, gymnastically nursing for at least half an hour. She is not falling back to sleep from it, most of the time, and then we are both cranky and exhausted all day from the too early wake up. I don't want to deny her nummies completly upon waking, it is so, so important to her, and the one I think will be the very last to go. But is there any way to make it later in the morning? I am NOT a morning person and feel like I am going to throw up when I get up before 7, and I think she does better sleeping from 7 until 7 too. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Thicker curtains maybe so it's dark in the bedroom? don't know if that'll work..Or maybe adding that after nummy's she needs to lay down with her eyes shut. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
How about putting a timer on a light in the bedroom, and telling her she can nurse when the light goes on (at 7 am or whatever you decide is best for both)? Good luck!

·
Registered
155 Posts
My ds#1 does the same thing. I just let him have mamma milk because it will usually put him back to sleep. I'm also nursing ds#2 throughout the night, so I'm usually semi-awake anyway. If nursing means I might get to stay in bed longer, I'm all for trying.<br><br>
Good luck!<br><br>
Wendy<br>
~ SAHM to nurslings Sahil and Rajan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts