Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had DS tested with the Organix test from Metagenics (using Direct Labs to bypass a doctor). I don't quite understand a lot of the results and am wondering if there are dietary changes we can do, since I'm not sure about how to obtain some of the supplements recommended in a form he would take. I will attempt to paste them here:

Findings Intervention Options Common Metabolic Association

Carbohydrate Metabolism: Pyruvate Lipoic Acid, High B1, B2, B3, B5 Glucose oxidation

CoQ10, Lipoic Acid, B1, B2, B3, B5 a-Ketoglutarate Very High Citric acid cycle
CoQ10 Hydroxymethylglutarate High HMG-CoA reductase inhibition
B-Complex Vitamin Markers
Lipoic Acid, B1, B2, B3, B5 a-Keto-B-Methylvalerate High Impaired Isoleucine metabolism
Biotin, B2 ß-Hydroxyisovalerate High Impaired Isoleucine metabolism
Methylation Cofactor Markers
No Abnormality Found
Neurotransmitter Metabolism Markers
Magnesium, Immune support Quinolinate Very High Receptor agonist
Oxidative Damage and Antioxidant Markers
Vitamin C, Vitamin E 8-Hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine High DNA oxidation product
Detoxification Indicators
N-acetylcysteine, Glutathione,
Hepatic support
Glucarate High Hepatic Phase I and II detox
Bacterial - General
Glycine Hippurate High Hepatic Phase II conjugation
Probiotics p-Hydroxyphenylacetate High Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth

L. acidophilus / general bacteria: No Abnormality Found

· Premium Member
9,239 Posts
We've had than run (through a doctor so he helped interpret) a couple of times now.

Can you space out the results a bit for me? I can't quite get what goes with what. Just copy and paste and then put some space between the sections that were listed on one line on the report--break it for me in lines and groups. Put the suggestions in paranthesis, even underline the main groups...I kind of need to see it in the form they laid out for you as much as we can. Try to break it up for me.

So my son's would read:
Carbohydrate Metabolism
Lactate, High, (cq10, Lipoic Acid, b1, b2, b3, b5), Glucose Oxidation

Energy Production Markers
Citrate, High, (Arginine, Lipoic Acid), Renal Ammonia Loading
Isocitrate, High, (Arginine, Lipoic Acid), Renal Ammonia Loading.

If you can break it up for me I'll compare what I have on my son's two reports, how the doctor interpreted, and what I know in general about metabolics and try to help. I will say off-hand that my son's was very different; he had a lot of fatty acid metabolism stuff and your report doesn't mention that. These are really good tests or were for us, I'll try to help.
I'm taking my information from the page that says "summary of abnormal results"
Did you get that page? I'm thinking maybe not now that I look at the nutrient markers page.

· Premium Member
6,296 Posts
Does your Metametrix results have a summary page in the front with columns for Nutrient Markers Findings, Intervention Options, and Common Metabolic Associations? It would be helpful if you post what's on that page with a clear separation between the Nutrient Markers, Energy Production Markers, B Complex Markers, Methylation Cofactor Markers, etc. I can then compare it with the results we got for my DD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.