Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi~
We are having trouble coming up with a middle name. The name we have chosen for our sweet girl is Jade. Our last name is Austin. I have found quite a few names that I love but it seems they don't really go with Jade as a first name. My dh suggested we pick one of the other names and use Jade as the middle name and then just call her by her middle name but I think that's too confusing. I'd love to hear any ideas! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I like Jade...very pretty.

I would go with something with 3 syllables to balance it.

How about:
Aaliyah, Amelia, Aurora, Ayanna, Brianna, Brynea, Ellora, Elisabeth, Kennedy, Isabelle, Lianna, Louisa, Mackenna, Mackenzie, Madalyn, Makylah, Mariah, Marianne, Melissa, Melody, Mercedes, Miranda, Rebecca, Ryanna, Samantha, Savannah, Sofia, Serenity, Susannah, Talia, Zaria ?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Are you completely set on Jade? Have you considered Jada instead of Jade? I think the two names are extremely similar but you may have an easier time finding a middle name that goes with Jada... I LOVE Jada Lynn

·
Registered
424 Posts
I too like Amelia, but maybe that's because Emelia is our favorite middle name choice for a girl.

It sounds lovely with Jade, that's very pretty.
No suggestions besides those made, but you definitely need a multi-syllable middle name with Jade.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mamas! Interesting...as Jade Amelia was on our list at one point and was crossed off...we may have to revisit that.

Gilli, yes, I love when people use their maiden names to keep them in the family. Unfortunately my maiden name is out of the question...I was glad to say goodbye to it when I got married.

Hawata, yes, we have thought about Jada, but Dh says he thinks about Will Smith's wife, Jada Pinkett.
We have also thought about Jaedra (pronounced Jaydra), but we really want to call her Jade and the difference in spelling may be a little confusing.

BCmomof5, thanks for the tip on a 3 syllable name...that gives me another direction to focus on.

Keep 'em coming mamas!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BCmamaof5
I like Jade...very pretty.

I would go with something with 3 syllables to balance it.

How about:
Aaliyah, Amelia, Aurora, Ayanna, Brianna, Brynea, Ellora, Elisabeth, Kennedy, Isabelle, Lianna, Louisa, Mackenna, Mackenzie, Madalyn, Makylah, Mariah, Marianne, Melissa, Melody, Mercedes, Miranda, Rebecca, Ryanna, Samantha, Savannah, Sofia, Serenity, Susannah, Talia, Zaria ?
I pick those two, or Olivia LOL

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Olivia has been on our list for awhile and it is dh's first choice...I am just one of those annoying people who have to know ALL options before making a decision.
LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
Oh! Jade Aurora! Or Jade Ellora ... those both sound so beautiful.

Definitely agreed on the 3 syllables. That's easier done with girls than boys, though, so you're lucky!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I second the three-syllable idea. My first thought was "Elizabeth" or something else like that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts