Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I post pretty rarely on this forum. I'm a simple gal -- PFs, covers, and Fuzzibunz. Dd's daycare doesn't CD, so we're only doing it part-time. But I just learned that the Muttaqin slot I signed up for ages ago has come up, and I would like to get some fitteds to wear with our wool wraps (loveybums -- she's local for my mom-in-law). I have a small 19+month old girl -- short, thin, and chunkier in the thigh than waist (although not really chunky anywhere -- sigh). She's not a heavy wetter, and although i've never had problems with hemp, i'm thinking of doing a QD sherpa soaker and maybe sherpa inner. but, these dipes do need to be workhorses, so if hemp is better, i'd really appreciate hearing from folks on that. also -- i'm thinking side snap is better, but i'm intrigued by the 1 size option. anyone have experiences with those two on a petite bebe?

lordy, i'd love to hear from *anyone* on this! i've emailed michelle -- i've heard great things about her -- but i wanted to check in with some other mamas. we're not rich -- this is a big deal to get these -- so i guess i'm stressing a little more than is warranted. thanks so much for your help...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well, it's good she's not chunky, b/c the Mutts never fit my chunk quite right. The OS barely fit him months ago (he's only 10 months now), and the larges don't fit around his thighs. The SS fit him better. But, since your dd is not chunky, they should fit her fine. A lot of people love the OS.

I've only tried hemp, so can't comment on the sherpa. But I do have to recommend the OV over the regular velour. Much more absorbant!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would definitely go with side snaps! They fit for much longer and fit ANY body type! I have a very skinny and tall DD and the medium side snaps fit awesome--my DD is 15 months, 31 inches and 18lbs. I could see these diapers fitting right until PLing...

The OV inners are well worth the price and I prefer knit or velour outers as they are more stretchy and seem more comfy for babes. Front snaps have never worked for either of my skinny kiddos, although Michelle's front snaps are great because they have two rows of snaps. I actually have some of her front snaps and they fit great too, but I think the side snaps will last longer. Finally, the 1-size are nice diapers, but I only used them when my DS was 2yo so I don't know how they would fit a smaller baby. I am not one for too much extra bulk on small babies.

Aliya

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Mamas!
Sounds like side snap, OV inner, velour or knit outer is a pretty good combo. I'll get this kid measured tomorrow to double check sizing and go from there.
Again, big thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.