Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the thread existed, but with the lack of a search function I am lost! I'm hoping that some of you wise mamas don't mind sharing yet again your strategies for a smooth and stress-free (or minimal-stress) move.<br><br>
Here's a recap of my situation:<br>
moving to a really small space (2 BR + Great room with bonus finished downstairs probably for teenager) from a 4BR, full attic (storage), office, LR, eat-in kitchen.<br><br>
I have six weeks to declutter and pack everything, but I will be out of town for one of those weeks. I will be all alone, kid free and dh free for two of those weeks. I cannot bring stuff down from the attic (physically unable) nor can I go up there to work, so will have to rely on dh to bring that stuff down to me. Ugh. That part will be the worst, truly.<br><br>
I hope to have a mega yard sale around Aug. 1, so I'd ideally like to have my decluttering done by then. However, this date is not set in stone. I haven't given notice to my current landlord yet (requires 30 days) so the Sept. 1 move in date is not really set in stone either.<br><br>
Dh is working 12 hour days until the end of July when he and the kids leave, so for now I need to focus on stuff that I can do with wee ones underfoot, and in small segments.<br><br>
Someone please help me get organized!!!!<br><br>
Share your moving strategies with me!<br><br>
I'm so afraid I'll be sitting here Aug. 29th looking at all this stuff, none of it packed, hoping it will move itself and not having decluttered anything.

·
Premium Member
5,391 Posts
We are moving soon as well from a two bedroom to a three. We won't be moving until Im 36 weeks pregnant (if not later) so Im trying to do all that I can now. Right now Im working on going through all my closets/storage areas and seperating what to keep, toss and sell/give away. Then Im going to get boxes and start boxing up what we dont' use all the time or won't need until after the move. My husband works really long hours (10-15 hours a day at least) and is gone a lot so Im doing this pretty much alone with a 17 month old so I can understand needing things that you can do with a little one underfoot..<br><br>
I actually found that some stuff my DD is very helpful with. For example, she loves to stack clothes so I was going through baby clothes and putting them into boxes and I let her help me with it. It took a bit longer to do but it got down and is had a great time doing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts