Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do with a poopy diaper if you dont use liners and you dry pail the diapers before you wash? do you just try and get it off the diaper as good as you can before you wash it???

what are some good/reasonble priced aio's with snap in soakers???

thanks to anyone who replies

· Registered
4,559 Posts
I just put as much poo in the toilet as I can when I change it and do a cold prewash- I do a dry pail too.
I like little lambs AIO' s for a good price with snap in soakers.
It is a little overwhelming when you start, but you'll be a pro in no time.

· Registered
4,040 Posts
I plop what i can in the toliet and then i use my shower head and i hold the dipe over the toliet and spray it off with the shower head.... then i let it drip for a bit then i put it in the little pail in the bathroom..... works great....... but i have a shower head with a long hose

· Registered
3,344 Posts
well, I bf exclusively right now so our poos arent that bad. I just make sure to wash every other day. I don't rinse at all, I just do a soak cycle on my machine before a hot wash. I use a lot of fuzzibunz and the fitted I have are fleece lined so I don't have any problems w/staining on those...sometimes I have to sun a firefly or other hemp/cotton inner dipe. Good luck.

· Registered
498 Posts
As long as you are exclusively bf you really dont need to do anything special. but once you start solids you are gonna want to get as much poo off as possible. i can not stress enough how helpful a sprayer is. there are quite a few on the market right now. we made our own, it connects to the back of the toilet and has its own on off valve. i LOVE it. you just blast all the poo off into the pot and then throw the dipe in the dry pail. HTH

· Registered
559 Posts
I'm a dunker
: I have zero problems dunking I HATE
: finding leftover suprises in the wash! My DH didn't rinse off a poopy diaper to my liking recently and it went through the wash. I was picking orange pulp out of the washer and off the diapers for several washes :puke I also hate diaper stains and I found the best treatment was to rinse well and the occasional sun treatment. I know there still clean its just me.

Deanna

· Registered
2,666 Posts
I dump (or scrap) as much as possible into the toilet.
I have a toilet spayer but forget to use it half the time. (DH does a really good job WHEN he remembers to actually DO it :LOL About 1 in 5
) Then it goes into the pail (we dry pail). I do a cold rinse cycle first, usually takes care of anything that was left. Then it's on to the hot wash.

The occasionally sunning takes care of most stains really quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.