Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am taking an early education class on children with special needs. I need to interview a parent of a child with special needs or an adult with special needs. Can someone assist me with this. I can e-mail the questions to keep people's privacy.
These are the questions I need answered below:
I. Questions for interviewing a parent of a child with special needs:
1. Tell me about your child.
2. What brings you joy in parenting your child?
3. How has being a parent of a child with special needs changed you?
4. Describe what a typical day looks like for you and your family.
5. What challenges you as a parent of a child with special needs?
6. Describe your hopes and dreams for your child.
7. Where do you find support and resources for your child?
8. Is there some other support or resource that you would like to see for your family or child?
9. If your child is currently in child care or an early education setting, what is your relationship with the teachers or caregivers? What is working well in this setting? Is there anything that you would like to change or are concerned about in regards to this setting?
10. If you were to give advice to a professional about working with families who have a child with special needs, what would you say?

I. Questions for interviewing an adult who has a disability:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What was your life like while you were growing up?
3. What brings you the most joy or satisfaction?
4. How has having a disability impacted your life?
5. What impact do you think your disability has had on your family, friends or coworkers?
6. What are your hopes and dreams?
7. What challenges you?
8. Where do you find resources and support?
9. Is there some other resource or support you would like to have available in your community?
10. What specifically would you like to tell others about speaking with or interacting with a person in their community who has a disability? What might you want to say to parents or family members of a young child with a disability?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts