Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when my DS and I got sick last week, I nursed him with vitamins, herbs and homeopathy. For myself, I od'd on NeoSynefrin and popped Benedryl at night. As a result, he's well and I have a sinus infection.
:

I really, really don't want to be on antibiotics. Anything else I can do to make this danged thing go away?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I wouldn't worry unless it's really severe and doesn't clear up on its own in 2 to 3 weeks. In the meanwhile, anything you take that can boost your immune system can help -- Vitamin C, echinacea, cod liver oil and/or Omega 3's, garlic.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, ladies. Started the C and echinacea this morning... will add the garlic and omega's too.

This may sound ignorant, but I didn't know what a neti pot was. I just looked it up online... how the heck does it work? Looks like you should rub one and a genie should pop out.
And can you get one at a drug store or do I have to order it online?

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's not ignorant, I didn't know either at first (I thought it was just me). I had to order mine online. I was a little weary of it at first, but it's really easy and has worked for me! Most of the time it actually feels nice.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Any recommendations for online purchases of neti pots? Our great local natural foods store doesn't carry them (and the normally knowledgeable staff woman I spoke to hadn't even heard of them!), and I'm a chronic sinus problems sort...
I bet the op wouldn't mind a specific suggestion either.
Thanks
Katia

·
Registered
360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by selkat View Post
Any recommendations for online purchases of neti pots? Our great local natural foods store doesn't carry them (and the normally knowledgeable staff woman I spoke to hadn't even heard of them!), and I'm a chronic sinus problems sort...
I bet the op wouldn't mind a specific suggestion either.
Thanks
Katia

I bought mine through this company: http://www.yogaessentials.com/Produc...s/netipots.htm
I got it through them simply because they are a Canadian company (cheaper shipping for me).

I did like this other site. They have a good selection of both clay and plastic neti pots.
http://www.bytheplanet.com/Products/...ti/NetiPot.htm

·
Registered
499 Posts
I often get bad sinus infections and after about 2 months on 4 different antibiotics I decided that the drs don't have a clue about it and that I am not going on antibiotics again... I don't have a neti pot either and should probably get one, but I do make my own saline solution (about 1/2tsp salt, pinch of baking soda in 1cup water) pour a little in my hand and sniff (up one nostril while closing the other, then spit out through my mouth)
it is weird, but it works and I have been antibiotic free for 2 yrs. A friend of mine also takes Oregano oil in capsule form to help with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.