Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted on my night feeding challenges before, but the problem has persevered (one solution suggested, cosleeping, doesn't quite work for me, or at least not for the whole night, as I don't sleep well with my son in the bed, although I do take him in when the light breaks). I have been feeding my 4.5 month old son (who grows like a star) on demand since he was born. He always fed frequently and for relatively short periods. The nights have always been challenging, but instead of getting better have gotten worse: some nights he feeds every 2 hours - and not just a few sips. I noticed that during the day I have a hard time getting him to nurse for decent stretches, and in the morning he is happy to go for four hours without nursing. I think he's gone reverse, with getting a lot of his intake during the night (even though I am taking care of him full-time). Anyone any advice on how to deal with this - or in any case gently reduce the number of night feedings? Sometimes my husband gives him a bottle of EBM for the first night feeding and it seems he sleeps longer then - would that be a good solution? Thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.