Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large stacinator that I need to wash (DH threw it into the diaper pail!
: ) and lanolize. I also just sold a small sugarpeas merino wool cover and would like to send it washed and lanolized and ready for use...

SOOOO.....

HELP!!!! I'm so nervous for this first washing/lanolizing...

I've read the wool care in the resources forum, but I'm still not sure -- it didn't sound the same as what most of you do.

I have Eucalan -- would someone please walk me through how to use it? I also have Lansinoh pure lanolin (a tube) and Medela modified lanolin (sample packets from the hospital when I had DD). Which is better? Do I need to use both the Eucalan and the lanolin? Would it be best to use both? HOW do I do it?

Also -- will my large dark teal cover bleed onto the small light blue? Should I wash them separately? I don't own the light blue one anymore, so I really don't want to do anything that will ruin it.

I'd like to do this today, as I need to mail the cover out on Monday. I'd also like to have DS's cover clean and ready to use again.

TIA!!!

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Allrighty...

Fill your bathroom sink w/ tepid water. Add your Euclan..maybe just a tbsp. or so. Or however much it tells you to... Swish that around and then add your cover. I'm not sure if they'd bleed or not, so to be on the safe side do them seperately. Let your cover soak for a little bit..10mins. or so. Drain your sink and refill w/ fresh tepid water. Take a little lansinoh (a pea sized amount), a tsp. of euclan or so and put in ion a coffe cup w/ water. Zap that inthe micro until hot and lansinoh is melted. Pour into your sink of water..swish around then put your cover back in. Let soak for 15 min. or so. I throw my wool in the washing machine after I'm done to spin it out. Then I lay it flt to dry on a sweater rack. My machine has a very gentle spin cycle and I can forward past the washing cycles though. Otherwise you can take your cover..gently squeeze out the excess water, then rool up in a towel and gewntly squueze to get even more water out. Then lay flat to dry!

Hope this helps!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts