Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My husband got laid off and needs to relocate for a job search. He's tried in our current location with no luck and although we have a few more months of savings, we don't want to wait until we entirely run out. I am going to school with a 6-month baby as well. We're able to manage mostly because my husband's workplace was close by and flexible and he would take care of the baby while I studied or attended classes. Unfortunately, this no longer is an option. So to others who have been in a similar situation, what options do we have now? I thought of a few -

- leave the baby at daycare or even night care as required (might be expensive)
- or I can try to credit transfer and re locate with my husband to his new place. I'll have to wait until the end of the Fall 18 semester though, can't do it right now.
- ask husband to find a job which allows for remote work - this might prolong the job search.

So there is no clear best option unless I am missing something. Any thoughts?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Hi,

My husband got laid off and needs to relocate for a job search. He's tried in our current location with no luck and although we have a few more months of savings, we don't want to wait until we entirely run out. I am going to school with a 6-month baby as well. We're able to manage mostly because my husband's workplace was close by and flexible and he would take care of the baby while I studied or attended classes. Unfortunately, this no longer is an option. So to others who have been in a similar situation, what options do we have now? I thought of a few -

- leave the baby at daycare or even night care as required (might be expensive)
- or I can try to credit transfer and re locate with my husband to his new place. I'll have to wait until the end of the Fall 18 semester though, can't do it right now.
- ask husband to find a job which allows for remote work - this might prolong the job search.

So there is no clear best option unless I am missing something. Any thoughts?
I would go with the bolded option above and relocate with your DH and pick up your studies in the new areas. Sounds like for him relocating is the best option. Transferring to a new school will be a slight pain but it is doable. Plus, going to school in the new area might be good for your networking and future job search/connections.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top