Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 mo old ds will NOT keep his prefold/cover on!! He has ONE fitted dipe and leaves it alone just fine---I used the SAME COVER!!

I think he just doesn't like that the pf's have to be folded down to fit. I am WORKING ON getting them converted to fitteds---I just ordered the aplix! He leaves a fitted or sposie on just fine.....
He didn't do this LAST WEEK!!! aarrggghhhh (and of course, if I've got to buy more sposies cause that's all he'll keep on for more than a minute well then it's going to take longer to get more cloth.......I stuck a sposie back on after the third time in about 2 minutes that he ripped off the prefold/cover he had on!)

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nah cause then he would do it no matter what dipe he was wearing with that cover. He leaves the SAME velcro cover alone when he is wearing a fitted! grrr......

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wow...at 8 months? My DS couldn't care less about his diaper & he's a week older than yours! Is the prefold snappi'd or pinned? If you're just laying it in the cover, you might try snappi-ing. If you're snappi-ing, maybe pin it? Do try what PP suggested--fold the excess to the outside rather than the inside. My DS doesn't care either way, but I know some kids are really sensitive to the serged edge rubbing on their skin.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope just laying it in there for now. I tried folding out today and he still tried a couple times at the velcro but then left it alone!

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's been leaving it alone since I folded down to the outside rather than in against him. I figured that must be it, he didn't like the way it felt.....cause I used my one fitted with the same cover and he left it totally alone! Now he's been leaving his covers alone for a couple of dipes folded to the outside, and I can say he will leave it in a onesie too cause he's been wearing one today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.