Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for a mom who is 22 weeks and having a partial placenta abruption and some early labor?

She was bleeding and passing clots....bedrest was prescribed.

Anything else to offer??

Thanks in Advance,
Mary

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Oh no...
Sending prayers.
Magnesium supplements helped me with labor - but if she is going to have the baby it'll happen regardless. Poor Momma, she must be scared.
~Julie

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
I hope she's okay . . .

Terbutaline is pretty effective for many women. I know it's not natural (I agree with the mag supplements in addition to terb). It helped to calm my perterm labor.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pamamidwife
increased intake of Vitamin E can often help with adherence of the placenta to the uterine wall. I'd do herbs before terb or mag sulfate, but that's not an option with a hospital-based provider.
Thanks Pam....

Well, as of right now she is at home....so, she could do whatever supplements that might be helpful.

Mary

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pamamidwife
increased intake of Vitamin E can often help with adherence of the placenta to the uterine wall.
That would be my suggestion. Good luck and positive energies her way!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
She needs to be checked for blood clotting disorders right away. She probably has one. I know that there are threads here about them, but maybe in a different forum. Possibly the pregnancy thread. MTHFR, Antithrombum antibodies...Protiens...she needs a full lab, and then she can get on the right meds. I would at least start a baby aspirin after talking with her doctor. I will look for the thread.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
NETTLE, the mother herb of all pregnant women I feel... though less popular than red rasp, they work well together of course. So much nourishment in there for mom and babe, will be helpful no matter the outcome. Shepherd's purse in there too can help with lots of blood.

Wow that sounds like a stressful and potentially physically difficult situation, with the bleeding and possibility of 2nd tri miscarriage... if it were my client I would bring her to the hospital for an evaluation and then pair that with natural therapies. I send you PRAYERS from the birth goddesses that I pray to as well, for her and for you, so hard to see women have to go thru these things. let us know..

Laura

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.