Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need support, I'm so happily blessed to be 7 weeks preg. with my first! And sick all day and night long vomitting and nausea. Some days are better than others but every day is very, very trying. I desperatly want to be that glowing happy woman, but instead, I feel pretty miserable, from not getting enough food down and not having any relief. Tried everything, ginger, accupuncture, seabands, B6, eating bites all day, lemons, cider vinegar. No luck with much. Can't excercise without walking with a plastic bag in my hand, for when I need to vomit, which is embarassing!<br><br>
Any advice on how to keep my chin up for the next 5 weeks and how you got through it?<br><br>
I keep thinking of the love in my belly which helps but my emotions are unstable and crumbly.<br><br>
Thank you!!!!!!<br>
Krista

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't have any tips for you.<br><br>
I found that a lot of my morning sickness this time around stemmed from lactose intolerance. It took me a while to make the connection but every time I drank milk I would vomit a couple of hours later. Citrus was hard on my stomach too.<br><br>
I hope you find the "magic cure".<br><br>
Hang in there!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Sounds like you have Hyperemesis which is AWFUL. I am going through this exact thing except this time without the vomitting. I don't know as that makes it any better though as I have crushing nausea. Check out the boards and info at: <a href="http://www.hyperemesis.org/" target="_blank">http://www.hyperemesis.org/</a>

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the board link I def think I'm HG, just trying everything to avoid IV and meds.<br><br>
You are right about Lactos Int. I am, and can't do milk period, use to be able to eat some cheese but can't do that now either.<br><br>
Today I have been awake for a long while with no vomitting I'm escatic!!<br>
I've even kept quite a bit of food down, and the calories make me feel amazing! The burning nausea is there, but I can handle it!!<br><br>
I started this homeopathic remedy a few days ago in 30c which may be helping!<br><br>
Ipecacuanha: This remedy is indicated for intense and constant nausea that is felt all day (not only in the morning) with retching, belching, and excessive salivation. The woman may feel worse from lying down, but also worse from motion. Even after the woman vomits, she remains nauseous.<br><br>
I'm also did accupuncture 2 days in a row with powered chinese herbs...<br><br>
I feel better today than I have in a few weeks and hope I may be finding a little routine!<br><br>
Thank you so much for your advice and words, I really needed some yesterday!!!<br>
I know so days will be better than others and it's so nice to turn here for support,<br>
thank you!!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Also make sure you're getting as much protein as you can.<br><br>
I'm glad you've found some relief! Good luck -

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm glad to hear some things are already working for you.<br><br>
At 6 weeks I was in the same boat as you--vomiting, salivating and nauseated 24-7. I have never been so miserable. The solution to my problem came in the form of Vanilla Ensure Plus and Gatorade Rain--both served at room temp. I took tiny sips of both throughout the day, and when I knew I was close to throwing up (which happened every hour or so) I chugged the gatorade. This might sound gross, but the Gatorade tasted the same coming up as going down and having something in my tummy to expel was more comfortable than dry-heaving. The Ensure kept me from loosing too much weight and the Gatorde kept me hydrated which helped nausea a teensy bit. I gave up on trying to feel better and focused on staying well-nourished and at home instead of a hospital.<br><br>
The only other thing that made a significant impact on my physical comfort was not having to get up or down. Around 11 weeks I finally consented to fly my mom out from Arizona and she was a godsend. Just having someone there to let the dog in and out to go potty made a difference in how often I threw up. By the time she left two weeks later I was drinking broth without vomiting and was starting to sample solid food again.<br><br>
My advice is if there is anyone who offers to help you then please take it. Let them grocery shop, do dishes, laundry--whatever they offer. After my mother left and before going to work my husband would a make a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on white bread (I couldn't tolerate grain bread) and leave one with me at the beside and the other in the fridge. I can't tell you how much this helped. I was so grateful.<br><br>
I hope you feel better really soon and hang in there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts