Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the park with DD and a woman was there with a young toddler, maybe just shy of 2 years old, and a newborn. Her toddler was a busy little guy and a bit of a darter. She was chasing him all over the place. At some point the infant started crying and it was very definitely a hungry cry. She looked totally stressed out, trying to soothe babe, but unable to sit down and nurse... but they has only been there for five minutes. I didn't see any bottle anywhere in site. I just walked up to her and told her I'd be glad to chase her little guy if she needed to feed her baby. She looked so relieved! She sat down on a bench and nursed and dd and I played with the boy. The momma didn't speak English very well, but she thanked me profusely afterward. It was so nice!

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Good for you!! I would have been grateful for the help too!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
As a mama to an 18 month old and a 3 month old, I say

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

You have know idea what you did for her. Evergreen had it right.. that's advocacy and Annettemarie I feel the same way.

WE ALL NEED TO STICK TOGETHER.. and I would add...We need to learn how to lean on eachother a little bit.

Cecily

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.