Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. . I am not yet 8 weeks, and just the last two days, my stomach has started to poke out. Already. I am not happy about this! And as I stood and lamented in the bathroom mirror, I said something like, "How is this happening already?!?" and DH replied, as always super helpful, "You just need to run it off."

EXCUSE ME?!!!!!?!!!?!!!

And then he says, "It's because you quit exercising." Yeah. Nice, huh? We had a talk later. I explained to him that my uterus is the size of a grapefruit, and that one day not showing, and the next day showing, wasn't something I could "run off" So now we're good. But I just thought some of you might empathize with me and have super helpful partners too ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was just googling "when will I show?".
I feel a little wider but I always have a little belly. My pants felt a little tight yesterday. I'm hoping it doesn't happen overnight.
I'm sorry your hubby wasn't more supportive.

Reactions: 5Boysplus

·
Registered
683 Posts
sorry the unhelpful comment you received was from your dh!

I fully anticipate many unhelpful comments from perfect strangers in random public places, once I'm actually showing. I got plenty of rude comments after the birth of my 4th baby while out and about with all 4. Where I live having 5 children is heading into Duggar territory.

I also anticipate at least a few unhelpful comments from extended family members- but we're not telling anyone until after 14 weeks.

Reactions: 5Boysplus
1 - 3 of 3 Posts