Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I don't venture into this forum as it doesn't apply to my own parenting situation. However, I thought you all might be able to help me find ways to help my neighbor.<br><br>
My neighbor has a preschool-aged daughter and is due in the Spring with her second child. In addition to that, she has recently gotten emergency custody of her infant niece. Her sister isn't interested in being a mother right now; we think there are attachment issues because the baby was born really early and spent her first 3+ months in the hospital. I'm not close to my neighbor - we've actually had words in the past about her dogs running loose - but I know she's in a difficult position right now, overwhelmed, and exhausted. In what ways can I help my neighbor? I've offered to watch the kids so she can get some sleep. I'm thinking about offering to get her a carrier so she can babywear. I'd appreciate any recommendations for what I can do or say to help out.<br><br>
Thank you!

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Hmmmm...if things are kinda stressed (dog stuff), I'd maybe send a card with words of support, and let her know that you think she's doing a great job in a challenging time. Maybe send along a couple of gift certificates to local dining/take-out/delis so that on a stressful day she doesn't have to cook a meal? Or offer to help out with some fall yard work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts