Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7 year old ds has hemroids. I've never had one before. How do I treat this? What can I do to help him never get one again? What are the causes of hemroids? Maybe I can eliminate triggers.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't KNOW that he has hemroids. I haven't taken him to the doctor. I just assume that is what it is by his discription. He told me he has a vein thing in his butt that itches and hurts. He told me that his poops are hard.

I really don't think it is diet because I do pretty good, not perfect, but pretty good to see that everyone in the family is eating good stuff. No white only whole grain bread, pasta, rice. Veggies are more of a challenge. He eats salads, green beans, corn, and potatoes. Sometimes beets, asparagus but that is about it. Fruits are no problem. He eats them all. He drinks lots of water on his own. I don't keep sodas, koolaid, ect at the house.

Last night he tells me that when he needs to poop he holds it because if you just wait the feeling will go away. I told him I think that is why he has hemroids. The poop stays in the body too long and becomes hard. We had a discussion about taking care of the body and why it is important to go to the bathroom when you need to go.

He dosen't want to stop playing because he says he forgets what he was doing. I understand that, so I suggested to him to keep thinking about what he was doing while he goes to the bathroom. He told me he will do that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.