Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10,679 Posts
DC P(parent)LW at 18 months and still does the nipple twiddle now (will be 3 in September). It bugs me but I'm letting her. She also does it to other people ~ lots of people, LOL! She also will not take any other comfort object.

I did get her temporarily off my breast because I left her with her father for 3 nights and I didn't want that attachment to cause sleeping problems for her. It was easy to get her off but I have a problem sticking to it. We had a little ceremony and we went to get a cuddle doll. She seemed totally aware of what the plan was and didn't even ask until several weeks after I got back. I'm sure I could have stuck with it but it just wasn't that important to me at the time.

I think I may stop this summer if it gets too hot though.

I actually found the funniest toy recently. It's a breast ball with at nipple and all! I got it for DC and she LOVES, LOVES it! Unfortunately, it's breaking already ~ obviously not made for children. I find it hysterical that I found the world's most appropriate toy for my child in a head shop! On lookers were horrified.

· Registered
10,679 Posts
I have a hard time keeping up with the language mores in the world -- but I like to. Could you both tell me what the problem with 'normal' is? This is an honest question. I usually have to be told about these things and I really like to be up on knowing. Thanks, Hannah

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.